-->

Mandopop Fans

Mandopop latest song lyrics with pinyin and translation, favorite song list, news, etc!

10 Top Chinese Mandarin Sad Songs

There are lot of Chinese sad songs now, and sometimes it's difficult to pick which song should added to my playlist. 

So now, I decided to make a list of best Chinese sad/heartbreaking song according me. 

Anyway, in this list I will mix between a new and classic Chinese song. I hope you will like it.


Another song recommendation that I'm sure you will like,too:
7 Popular Chinese Song Hits in 2021 So Far

So here we go:

周杰伦 Jay Chou - 说了再见 Say Goodbye


One of my favorite Jay Chou songs!
This song tells about the beautiful memories of the goodness, beauty, the smile of her lover after parting with her, with the lyrics so deep, I think this song deserves to get into this list.
The lyrics pretty touching too, "After saying goodbye, (I) realize that I can never see you again..." "... You promised to be with me until we're old, to finding eternity there"

You might like this post:
Top Jay Chou Sad Songs
Jay Chou 周杰伦 Latest Tour and Concert List

林俊杰 JJ Lin - 你要的不是我 I'm Not The One You Want


A one of the most popular classic JJ Lin song. We can already guess what this song is telling from reading the title, "I'm not the one who you want" This song is one of my favorite  sad songs from Singaporean Mandopop star JJ Lin,

This song tells of a one-sided love, about a man who likes a woman, but the man is not the type of woman. In the end, the man can only accept the fact that the woman does not love him.

Others 林俊杰 JJ Lin sad songs:
她说 She Says
Cries in Distance
一千年以后 Thousand Years Later
修炼爱情 Practice Love
记得 Remember

See also:
8 Popular JJ Lin Songs That You Must Listen

张惠妹 aMEI - 听海 Listening to The Sea



Ting Hai (Listening to the sea) is a song from aMEI. This song tells us story when a person who she loved so much left her. "Write me a letter, and let it be our last covenant. Tell me how you felt at the moment you left me."
The music is perfect to make this song ever more sadder. How do you think?



周兴哲 Eric Chou - 你好不好 Ni Hao Bu Hao



A song from Taiwanese rising star who dubbed as king of loverlorn people, Eric Chou. This song is about a person's regrets, he regrets because he can not keep his lover so well that in the end, she left him.

But he still hopes that his lover will continue to smile, cry and aged with him, if possible, he wants to go back to the time they were together, but surely it can not happen.

Anyway, we also made the list of best Eric Chou sad songs according me, you can see it here:
Top 5 Eric Chou Sad Songs

光良 Michael Wong - 童话 Fairytale


The next sad mandarin song is "Tong Hua" (which translated as Fairytale in English), a song from Malaysian Chinese Michael Wong (Guang Liang)

This song tells of a woman who does not believe in fairy tales; she does not think the lover will be his prince. Maybe this song is a bit unsuitable to be included in this list because the song is quite romantic, but the music video of this song is pretty sad that I decided to add this song to this list.

Other 光良 Michael Wong sad songs:

  • 约定 Promise


五月天 Mayday - 我不愿让你一个人 I Won't Let You Be Lonely



The song tells the story of a man who does not want his girlfriend alone, did not want his girlfriend always sad and crying, but in the end, he gave up his girlfriend to move on and forget about him for the sake of happiness with others and asked her to never turn back and forget that he is still alone.

A pretty sad song from Mayday.

Others 五月天 Mayday sad songs:

  • 突然好想你 Suddenly Missing You
  • 后来的我们 Here, After, Us


Don't miss this one:
Best New Popular Chinese Songs 2018

陈奕迅 Eason Chan - 十年 Shi Nian


Shi Nian is my favorite song from Hong Kongese singer Eason Chan.

This song tells about a relationship that does not end well, lovers have to break up, and they became just an ordinary friend, just like ten years ago before they met. They still greet each other, but there is a kind of gentleness which missing, that make them no longer have a reason to hug each other.

Others Eason Chan sad songs:
Lonely Christmas



邱锋泽 Qiu Feng Ze - 那個她 The Girl



The Girl is the latest song from Singaporean idol, Qiu Feng Ze. The Girl tells us about a relationship which didn't go well, "Being strong isn't easy, I'm not completely alright, we both have regrets but life still goes on, Love can't be forced, acceptance takes time, the clear skies after the rain symbolising the journey I've been through, perhaps there is no answer." This song will be really relatable for you who just broke up with your lover. The music video of this song is unique, the MV is set on vlog style.

六哲 Liu Zhe - 毕竟深爱过 After All, We Have Loved Deeply


Another sad song in this list came from Malaysian singer, Liu Zhe. The title said it all, it's about a girl who got into the man life, but turned back and left.  "I hope you will not regret for not choose me, in the future. But I still believe, you will get a better life. In my heart, I will still silently persistent for you. After all, we have loved deeply."

薛之谦 Joker Xue - 你还要我怎样 What Do You Want To Me To Do


A super sad song from Joker Xue. "Ni Hai Ai Wo Zen Yang" tells us a story of a man who just broke up with his girlfriend, tried to move on, yet still can't forget her. There is nothing way to the man to be a special person to his girlfriend.



Another 薛之谦 Joker Xue sad songs:

  • 演员 Actor


So that's my top 7 favorite Chinese/Mandarin sad/heartbreaking songs.
Do you have your own favorite sad songs? share it with us here~
Hope you like this post, thank you~
Author Profile

About Stefanie Lin

I'm a Chinese song big fans. Use Mandopopfans to share my favorite song lyrics with pinyin and translation, the news, top list of Chinese song. Hope you will like it, too.

0 Komentar

Post a Comment